Fury at Silverstone
This blog’s the account of my racing experience first of all with a Fisher Fury kitcar, later with a BDN S3
. I finished building the Fury in 2007 but at the first shakedown a big end bearing went. I didn’t have the car ready for the beginning of the 2008 season and my first race was at Anglesey. Sadly my diff failed at the next meeting (Cadwell) and I was out of action again sourcing and fitting an alternative diff. At the next meeting at Oulton Park the already dodgy 3rd gear failed so we swapped the engine. In the race I spun on the last lap and bent an upright. I then lost the end of the season with an eye problem.
2009 was a similarly eventful season with plenty of mechanical issues, 2010 was somewhat better but I took the decision to build a new car for 2011. Well, my wife made me actually
I had the BDN finished just in time for the start of the 2011 season.
This blog documents all the gory details of the building, driving, maintaining and repairing.